Friday, July 8, 2011

A really tense dog.......not

As you can see, Stryker is rather laid back, literally. Bikki, our pom matriarch, is ever vigilant.....could be a chipmunk coming up to the deck for water or a deer grazing down below. She sees them all and would be more than willing to give chase to any of them. Stryker, on the other hand, is not that interested. Lighting and thunder? No problem. Poms losing their collective minds over the doorbell ringing? Who cares.
He is the calmest dog I have ever known, barring none and its not like he doesnt have plenty of bad examples ( three to be exact ). Not even the parade bothered him, although he did sit up when they ran the sirens on the big Fire Dept. ladder truck.

Only one time have I ever heard him seriously growl. There were hikers on the old logging road down the hill on our property and he let loose with a chest deep grrrrrr, the likes of which I had never heard from him. I was definately suprised since all I have ever heard him do is play growlies when he is rough-housing. I do think he will be pretty convincing as a threat when he is grown....even if he still thinks he is a lap dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment