Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Small town, big heart
































On the 4th of July we went to Eagle Nest...its the village closest to us, about 9 miles up the road. Every year they have a parade. I didnt really know what to expect except that there were "floats" and that its very well attended. I had no clue.



Not only was most of Angel Fire there, it looked to me like everyone from Cimmaron to Black Lake were there. More red,white and blue on people, dogs and buildings than I have ever seen in one place at one time in my entire life and at 57 thats a lonnnnnnng time. Wow.



Maybe the coasts of this country have lost it when it comes to heart-deep patriotism but here in the southern rockies its going strong.




As you can see...from the Angel Fire ladder truck to Grandmothers with their grandkids....some mounted on horseback and some on bicycles...ATVs and trucks...if you can trick it out in the colors so dear to us you are welcome to join in. I will take Independence Day in the mountains over the New York "gala" every time.
















No comments:

Post a Comment